Search THE READING ROOM

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Larry King: 50+ years in television

Do you agree with the perception that you ask soft questions? -- Michael West, Copenhagen

Larry King (pictured here at the mike in the late '70s): Don't agree with it. I'm not there to pin someone to the wall. If I were to begin an interview with [speaker of the House of Representatives] Nancy Pelosi and say "Why did you lie about torture?" the last thing I'll learn is the truth. I'd be putting them on the defensive to make me look good. At that point, they're a prop. To me, the guest is not a prop.

To read some more questions and King's perceptive answers in a recent issue of Time, go here.

 
And go here to absorb the seven lessons from King's life.

  • Photo courtesy: TV Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment