If success continues to be defined as driving yourself into the ground and burning out, it will be disastrous for our families, our companies, and our world.
- Photo-illustration courtesy: Bloomberg Businessweek
- ALSO READ: In today's Mint, "Women must find the strength to soar". Will Sheryl Sandberg's "lean-in" philosophy find takers here in India? Three women entrepreneurs — Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Rashmi Bansal, and Meena Ganesh — talk to Bhakti Bapat Mathew about what it will take to ensure genuine equal opportunity at work in our country.
- ADDITIONAL READING: Legendary investment guru Warren Buffett explains why he is gung-ho about women in the workforce. He also expresses concern about too many women continuing to impose limitations on themselves, talking themselves out of achieving their potential. Read his wise and witty piece here.
- UPDATE (May 17, 2013): In The New York Times, “Lean in” is the idiom of the moment for headline writers.
- UPDATE (October 23, 2013): Read these wonderful and highly relevant columns by Shoba Narayan in Mint Lounge: "Be the woman of your choice" and "A conformist and a rebel".